From: Ben Schwemlein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 8:45 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Hacking Client Variables?

Can anyone suggest a way to hack a query that has "WHERE userid =
'#CLIENT.userid#'" in CF 5 and/or MX?   Another developer has an
application
that has sensitive customer information that is encrypted at the
database
level, but not at the ColdFusion level.   I think this is not secure,
but I
want some evidence before I make an objection.
Any suggestions would help.

Our client variables are contained in the Database, and the client IDs
are
sequential.  If there  is some way to externally hack and set the client

variable, then a Hacker could get all customer info.

Thanks,

Ben