I tend to reformat every 6-8 months on my home machine as I back everything
up anyway....

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Laureska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 March 2003 10:46
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Macromedia DONT help me now. so where do i turn now?

In my experience, the only solid way to do it is to backup whatever data
& settings you can, make sure you have all the hardware
drivers/application software disks you need, then reformat the drive and
do a fresh resinstall of everything and restore your data..... I'm not a
big fan of trying to correct mysterious potential windows problems with
reinstalling windows over top itself.... rarely does that work

Quite honestly this is usually a good thing every couple years anyway...
In addition this may be a good exercise in preparing for the possibility
of a serious crash.  Windows seems to self corrupt over time or get
corrupted thru various software installs.

And yes... this is a real pain & maybe shouldn't be necessary, but it's
the only way to know for sure that windows xp is not the problem (I
think you said you were running XP)

Tim