>if i was you i'd consider uninstalling and reinstalling dwmx.
>check out this link
>http://www.joexx.de/DW-Exporter/download_en.php
>
>that will make it a breeze & i think it will cure your woes

I took your advice and now things looke to be Kosher. The one thing I have
not done yet is go in and play with creating my own Keyboard Shortcuts
because I think that's where things went bad last time. But for anybody who
might run in to this problem, at the very least this is what I did to get
working again:

1. Ran the DW-Exporter utility recommeded (great tool!)
2. Add/Remove Programs -> Uninstall DWMX
3. Ran RegEdit to look for lingering Dreamweaver keys (only found some in
the file associations options)
4. Re-booted for posterity!
5. Ran Installer for DW 6.0
6. Opened DWMX to see if problems were still present (they weren't)
7. Close DWMX and installed 6.1 updater
8. Re-imported backed-up Sites via DW-Exporter tool (though not the config
files)
9. Opened DWMX and all was well

As I said, I'm thinking that things went south when I went o make copies of
Keyboard Shortcuts to set up my own preferences. I'm gonna wait to test that
part till later. But those steps should at least get you a fully-function
product. I'll let you know how the Shortcuts part goes later on.

Regards,
Dave.