I have read their "what we learned" report and it makes fascinating
reading.  They always said they take feedback seriously, and this shows
how seriously they do take it.   It's interesting to see how they
measure their performance and there are some lessons there for most of
us I'd bet.

For me, the new site's taken away all the issues I had with it.  I think
if flash is going to be a viable alternative for general site navigation
it has to address the issue of matching the user experience of html in
terms of how the pages are used.

It's no good saying "we don't need to adhere strictly to W3C standards -
all developments have been done by people who went outside the
standards" because there are a few things people have come to accept.
Developments have almost all been enhancements or additional features.
This interface as it was TOOK THINGS AWAY - no right click menus, no
wheel support etc.

Eventually, flash will have to address these things somehow, or it'll
never be fully accepted as a means to navigate web sites.   Have a
customer service department get 50 calls a day with people saying "your
site doesn't work properly . I cant use my right mouse button" and
you'll soon want to change your site back to the old way.  It's the
users who determine what will be accepted on your site, not the
developers.

But as a graphic/animation/games mechanism, it's unsurpassed, and I
honestly do hope that eventually it does have all these navigation
components.

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia