Hello,

I've begun building CFC's and have successfully published them as web services.  The
auto gen documentation runs, the functions can be consumed by my CFMX server,
Dreamweaver MX is able to "discover" the functions and arguments in the CFC, the
functions return the correct data, and the WSDL file self generates as advertised...

Problem is that the auto-generated WSDL file appears to be missing a specific piece of
information that is needed by one of our non-CF systems so it can consume these web
services too.

Here is a chunk of the auto-generated WSDL file containing the two function defs for
this CFC...

<wsdl:binding name="hbo_phys_info.cfcSoapBinding" type="intf:hbo_phys_info">
        <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http";
/>
        <wsdl:operation name="getName">
                <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
                <wsdl:input>
                <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; namespace="http://prod.cfc";
/>
                </wsdl:input>
                <wsdl:output>
                <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; namespace="http://prod.cfc";
/>
                </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
        <wsdl:operation name="getGroups">
                <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
                <wsdl:input>
                <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; namespace="http://prod.cfc";
/>
                </wsdl:input>
                <wsdl:output>
                <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; namespace="http://prod.cfc";
/>
                </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>

Although Dreamweaver MX finds and displays the two functions within this CFC, another
non-CF system cannot and the problem appears to be because each <wsdlsoap:operation
soapAction="" /> tag contains an empty string.  There's no SOAP action defined so our
other non-CF system is unable to discover the functions within this CFC.

My question:  Is there an attribute for the <cfcomponent> tag, or possibly some other
CF tag, that should be used to populate the soapaction value in the auto-generated
WSDL?  Or is this a bug?  Or is this a parameter in admin?  Or possibly a protocol
change on the consuming system (unlikely)?

Thanks for any help!

Darren Houle
Sr. Web Developer
Health First, Inc.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 03/19/2003 12:21:31 PM