You'd probably be better off storing the recordset in the current user's
session, since they will undoubtedly user-specific.  Then you can just do
QofQs to get the partial display sets.  Caching the query in the server's
query cache could interfere with other cached queries, and might require a
single user to hit the DB more than once if his recordset is bumped from the
pool before he's done looking through it.

Of course, if you manually cache in the session, you'll have to make sure
that you clear that data when you're done, or you'll just eat up all your
memory.

Another option, if the total result (all possibel records) isn't overly
large, and doesn't change frequently, woudl be to cache the whole thing in
memory, and then run QofQs on that recordset for user searches.  That'll
skip the database interaction as well.

barneyb