By SQL, do you mean MS SQL Server? If so, forgive me if this seems a
bit unnecessary, as the database allows you to return a recordset as XML,
and apply a style sheet natively, and transparently...

While doing what you want would be technically possible, it goes
counter to the concept of separating your applications into distinct
layers. What happens if you need to change a bit of code later on, or
a bug is discovered? Bugs in code is one thing, but bugs in the data is
another...

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]