OK, this is stranger than hell even though I got it to work.
Basically, the error is thrown when a CFMODULE is called that has a certain
amount of code in it. On first examination, it looks like it was the array size
as limiting the array size causes the template to run OK. This was proven not to
be the issue in experimentation. Additional tests made it look like ANY call to
the large array from within a CFOUTPUT was causing a problem. Very strange. One
thing that I tried was to remove the
<cfsetting EnableCFOutputOnly="YES">
from the template and all of a sudden it worked. Something with that tag and
either the size of the array or the size of the template (or even the size of
the result code) caused a strange error.
Once I get some sleep I'll try to write this one up and submit it to MM.