Sorry not been following the thread but I think what you are looking for
is elegantly displayed at http://www.glish.com/css/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 March 2003 15:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: css, dhtml question

through css isn't there a getElementByID(YourScrollName.height) or
something similiar?

I remember bookmarking this page for a great reference to a clip height
problem - worth a glance.
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/CSS/Q_20548842.html

also - that site has quite a bit of good resources. I would personally
spend days on another solution trying to avoid frames.
jay miller