Thank you Candace, however, the CFIDE directories are in the default
C:\inetpub\wwwroot directory.  Also I have tried the IP and now tried
allowing any unassigned IP to be used by the default site, but now it asks
if I want to download the file instead of just opening it.

I tried opening the index.cfm and it appears to be garbled or encrypted.

BUT, I copied the exact files over and they work fine inside of another
site, so I think it is a directory issue or default web site issue.

Sorta stumped here.  I sent an email to Macromedia support 2 days ago and
have yet to hear back.  Great support, glad I bothered to register and all
so I can get Macromedia spam but no help at all when it comes to making
their product work.

Charles