From: Sean McCarthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:09 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Http to Https Secure Transmission?

Hi,
        We are about to rollout access to a Commerce 1 application
server
through single sign-on from the intranet.  Will a SSL cert need to be on
both ends to make the connection secure(the form submitting the
Login/Pass
and the C1 server)?  I have received varying answers on this subject.
Verisign says yes definitely.  But then I look at sites like this:

http://online.firstusa.com/bolHome.aspx?partner=fusacorp

and the login page is non sol submitting to a sol page?  Is this
information
sent in the clear? I assume so? Unless it is being encrypted before
being
sent?

thanks for your input

sean