How about a pdf?

-----Original Message-----
From: charlie griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 2:52 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Searching (Verity?)

Hey All:

I've been given about 30 HTML docs.  They comprise a manual that mgmt
wants
to put online.

These are very long pages (there's a table of contents with close to a
hundred links...pointing to anchors within pages).

A request has come in to make it searchable.  I built a Verity search,
but
the powers-that-be are not happy with the results.  Because these pages
are
so long, any search result takes you to the top of a long page...then
you
pretty much have to do a ctrl-f to find the term you were searching for
originally.

Is there any way (using Verity or any other product that might be out
there)
where the search result will link to a position in a document?

I can't see how there would be, as each word would have to be
anchored...but
i've been told to look into it.

Incidentally, this is updated every quarter, so the thought of taking
these
HTML pages and dumping the contents into a database isn't really an
option
(the contents would have to be re-done with each update, in addition to
importing the content itself)...more maintenance than mgmt cares to
allocate
to this particular project.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thx,