Thanks Justin...  That's a pretty funky solution... Never even heard of P3P
before...  Thanks for the insight...

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 11:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Session state / cookies within frame???

IE6 disables third-party cookies by default, which is why your cookies would
not be getting set if displayed within a frameset (assuming the domain name
of your client site is different from your own).

You can get around this by placing a P3P header in your IIS configuration to
tell IIS to allow the cookies.  We have to do this on our ZonkBoard web site
(www.zonkboard.com, shameless plug) because the nature of the app is to sit
in an IFRAME on the user's site.  We use cookies within the app to store the
end user's name/url so they don't have to type it every time they post. This
has the added effect of storing the name/url/session cookies across any site
with a ZonkBoard on it.  The P3P header makes it all possible.

Here is the P3P header we use in IIS to make it happen:

P3P: CP="NOI DSP COR OPTa BUS OTC"

Google for P3P to find more info and the link to get IBM's P3P policy
editor.  It's pretty neat stuff.

-Justin Scott, Vice President
 Sceiron Interactive, Inc.
 http://www.sceiron.com