You can put multiple CFMX's on one machine.  You can also put multiple
CFMX's on one J2EE server instance, as long as you use different context
paths.  However, unless you need the security that provides, I'd recommend
just using one, and have a two-part context path (to the CFMX server, and
then to the app's directory).  That way you don't need to have two copies of
the CF Server loaded in memory all the time.  In other words, rather than
this:

www.mydomain.com/cfapp1/
www.mydomain.com/cfapp2/

do this:

www.mydomain.com/cfmx/app1/
www.mydomain.com/cfmx/app2/

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com