Ben,

Your best bet is to obfuscate your code.  As several people have
demonstrated here, it is not possible to keep anyone who is even
remotely determined from getting your code, but you can prevent them
from understanding and reusing it.  This is by far the best technique I
have seen used.

There are several companies out there that have entire business models
partially riding on Javascript code (ad serving companies, site
trackers, etc) and they typically do an extremely thorough job of
obfuscating their code.  If all of your variables are named with a
combination of random characters and hundreds of lines of script
calling dozens of interwoven functions are all moved onto a single line
with no whitespace at all, you code is pretty safe.

Christian