Hi there.

I'm having a problem with the CFLDAP tag and am unsure whether it's the
server of my code that the problem.

I just started using the CFLDAP tag (we only *just* got an LDAP server
installed and running), but each time I try to run the code that
contains the CFLDAP tag I get the following error message:

---===+++< Error Begins >+++===---
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
CFLDAP

No such object

The error occurred while processing an element with a general
identifier of (CFLDAP), occupying document position (1:1) to (1:190) in
the template file D:\intranet\intra_test\ldaptest.cfm.

Date/Time: 07/13/00 13:19:57
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)
Remote Address: aaa.bbb.ccc.dd
---===+++< Error Ends >+++===---

The code I am using is as follows:

<cfldap action="QUERY"
          name="validuser"
         start="o=tayside"
         scope="SUBTREE"
        filter="cn=Alan Willis"
    attributes="cn,o"
        server="some.ldap.server.name"
          port="389"
      username="username"
      password="password">
<cfoutput query="validuser">Organisation=#o#</cfoutput>

I am guessing that the error code is saying that the CFLDAP tag doesn't
exist. Am I correct here? If so, how do I fix it? If not, what's wrong
with *MY* code?

All I am trying to do is bind to the server for user authentication.
Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks for the help.

- Alan S. Willis