use cfusion_encrypt/cfusion_decrypt.  They'll always result in a hex string,
rather than the random jiberish that encrypt/decrypt use.  Also,
cfusion_encrypt's result is ALWAYS exactly twice as long as the original
value, rather than the undetermined length from encrypt.

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com