From: Blood Python [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 May 2003 16:40
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Removing bad emails from newsletter db

One of my client's has about 103k people in his mailing list. He's
running
his website since 99 and many of these e-mails are bad ones.

He wants me to remove the bad e-mails from this list. I used to do that
using a software called worldcast, from fairlogic (www.fairlogic.com).
It
uses DNS to validate e-mails, pretending to send an e-mail and stopping
just
after he got the 250 code (user exists) or 550 (unknow).

Unfortunatly, many networks are not allowing DNS sends, because of spam,
so
it its not a good solution anymore. I will need to build a tool that
interprets the returned e-mails from an actual send (those Undeliverable

e-mails) and delete the user based on this e-mail's content.

Do you guys knows any software or code that do such thing? Doesn't need
be in cf... I will need to code it myself if i don't find something like

that to use, because client needs it very bad (he needs to reduce
bandwidth
costs).

Thank you for your repplies in advance.

BP.