----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl, George" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We are using CF 5.0 to generate some pretty complex report output from
answer sets we return from DB2 and Oracle. One of our requirements is to
allow users to save the final formatted report output to Excel and to text
files on their workstations (either directly in place of sending output to
the browser or after having received it in the browser). We are an inTRAnet
MS shop that has standardized on MSIE 6.0 and Office XP, though we are in
transition from MSIE 5.01/5.5 and Office 97 . . .

I've seen and I've played with the usual cfcontent examples for dumping
query results to Excel and text files and they work fine for that purpose,
however we manipulate the answer sets before generating the reports and for
our final formatted report output these examples fall short. I've also seen
the examples (Ben Forta's WACK) for using Microsoft's Excel-HTML that Excel
can import as a .xls file. I need to look at this more, but I'm concerned
about the additional overhead considering the large number of reports we
have.

Is anyone using this MS Excel-HTML approach?

What other approaches are people using to dump their HTML reports into Excel
and text files? (XML is not an option for us right now . . .)

Thanks!

George
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.coolfusion.com