Anthony,

You should be able to make the query string and the inline link work
together - follow the advice you've already gotten about putting the query
string first.  I have pages running successfully that are formatted like:
http://www.blah.com/page.cfm?foo=bar#spot

I should warn you however that we've experienced problems with image maps
being disabled on pages with URLs like the above.  This only seems to
happen in Netscape - IE is not affected in our experience.  I was not able
to find any official reference or solution to this problem but did manage
to locate one usenet posting from an ASP developer who also experienced the
program - no solution though.  We ended up working-around the problem by
splitting up the image which was mapped and wrapping the images in <a
href...> type links.

Just wanted to give you a heads up!
Kevin

At 04:22 PM 7/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't know if this is CF related or not, but if anyone can shed some light
>on it, it would be much appreciated.
>
>I have some pages that I would like to do inline linking (i.e. link to a
>lower part of a single page) OK, no problem add the appropriate <a
>This works fine.  The only problem is that I need to append a "?" and url
>variables.  As soon as I add the "?" the inline links don't work.  The link
>just takes the user to the top of the page.???
>
>A few notes - the url variables are variables so the "#" is doubled up and
>the <a> tag has a <cfoutput> around it. So do url variables just kill this
>functionality or is there a workaround?
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>ant

Kevin Marshall