From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 10:08 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Redhat 9, Apache 2.0.40 Woes

CFMX U3 requires Apache 2.0.43 or better in the 2.0 series if I remember
correctly

RedHat doesn't release new versions when it upgrades it's RPMs, it backports
the changes to the existing version.  So you'll never get a RedHat RPM for
RH8 or 9 that is newer than apache 2.0.40, even though it contains all the
changes up through 2.0.46.

Just compile apache from source.  It's pretty trivial.  If you specify the
redhat file layout, you shouldn't have to change anything about your server
config, although I can't say that for sure, as I use the standard apache
layout.

cheers,
barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com

ColdFusion and related topics.