Or, one query to get all the events for the month, then using query of a
query or looping through the records, you could populate the calendar table
as it's being generated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Govella [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 3:32 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Calendar recommendations?

> u could try this
> http://www.adrianlynch.co.uk/coldfusion/customtags/index.cfm?tag=calendar

I've seen several calendar generators like this, and they could work if I
knew how to tie them into a db listing the events for a particular class.
I can't envision how to do that on my own.

My only brainstorm would be to query the db for each date on the calendar.
  But that'd be up to 31 queries, and that doesn't seem right. Is this the
best way to populate a calendar? It seems really intensive.

--
Austin

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481