Subject: Quick note from the CF Team....
From: "Doug White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:40:39 -0500

Thank you for that, Damon.

Hopefully what ever the MM team does, a part of the energy is spent on the
InstallShield (or whichever installer you choose) scripting, which will help the user
install the server product on a multi-homed server, and not the very insecure default
web site (wwwroot)  Should virtual directories need creating and/or choices need to be
made, this should all be done via the installer scripts.  I also hope and pray that
the improvements when released, will not require customers to re-purchase the product
just to get it to install.

For those who install the product on a single homed server, rarely are install
problems encountered.

Also kudos to Sean and others of the MM marketing team, even though some of them
prefer to use Macs (grin) for their attempts to help, and for communicating the users'
problems up the line.

A lesser concern is the uninstaller routine, it should be scripted to do a complete
and clean removal of the product on the first run of the installer.

For Michael, the installation of UD3 is not specific to SQL2000 database, it crashes
the entire server, as in lockup.  The log files usually always indicate errors with
JRUN.  If anyone has comments or additions to my procedures, please let me know and I
will add them to the page.

On the other hand, the installation on Red Hat Linux 9.0 and Apache 2.xx  was
straight forward and went right the first try.   My Linux sysadmin had nothing
but good to say about it.

I look forward to becoming (again) an enthusiastic evangelist for ColdFusion.

http://www.coolfusion.com