> Talked to a .Net guy on Friday and he told me about a security
> issue with running CFMX and .Net on the same box.
>
> Here's what he said...
>
> 0000000000000000000
>
> Hi Candace, I was mainly referring to chatter in the forums
> from ISP / Web Hosting companies. It seems that the issues
> are mostly related to hosting multiple client sites on a
> single IIS server. So, the issue may not be a problem for
> you. I believe the issue was the IUSER_SERVER and IWAM_SERVER
> accounts had to be given Admin rights for ASP.NET and CFMX
> to co-exist.
> 0000000000000000000
>
> Anyone come across this and if so, is there a fix?

I have not encountered this, after setting up several servers with both
ASP.NET and CFMX, and with multiple virtual servers. Typically, on each of
those virtual servers, I set them up so that only one or the other would be
enabled. If you've followed CF configuration best practices with IIS by
running ISAPI extensions in-process (the "Low" application isolation
setting), the IWAM_ account won't be used by CF, only the IUSR_ account.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444