From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 10:24 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: exporting DSN list

> OK... I solved my problem by just creating a new car.properties
> file with no extension... here's the next question though.... I
> guess after you create an archive you have to build it? when I
> try to "build the archive" ... the next step asks for a file
> name.... what file name are they referring to?  Because at this
> point there still is no "Car" file (with a .car extension)... I
> did a search for one and it doesn't exist

Yes, that's right. First you have to define what goes in the archive,
then
you have to build an archive file. It can be a bit confusing at first,
but
it makes sense - you might want to archive the same thing frequently.
When
asked for a file name, enter whatever you like; that'll be the name of
your
archive file. You don't have to use the ".car" extension, but I'd
recommend
it.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/