From:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET
Sent:     Thursday, July 13, 2000 9:33 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INTERNET
Subject:     email probs

Hi All,

I have a client that is having email issues. On our dev servers everything
works a-okay. On their servers everything goes to pot. I'm pretty sure that
this is an email server configuration issue but I am definitely not an email
server guru (even by the wildest stretch of the imagination). Anyway, when
the client attempts to access email functions like - send me my password -
nothing happens. No email is sent, no error is reported to the user but the
following appears in the mail log. Everything under the sun that I can think
of has been tried, we tried setting the  SERVER attribute, the PORT
attribute and the TIMEOUT attributes. Here is the error that appears in the
mail log:

> "Error", "TID=198","07/11/00","16:04:26","Failed to send the
> spooled mail file, C:\CFUSION\MAIL\spool\4C52.cfmail. SMTP server
> replied "Internal error: Pending mail operations must be completed."
> Moved file to C:\CFUSION\MAIL\undelivr\4C55.cfmail."

As far as I can tell their email server is clogged with queued mails. The
are using IMail (pop) and IIS (smtp). I've never tried this combination
before so I haven't an idea where to even start looking from here on out.

Any ideas where to start digging?

Thx,
Duane Boudreau,
Project/Beta Manager, eMPower