I posted a question earlier with a horrible explanation so here is my
second try.  I'm making a car database where you can add as many
attributes with as many options for each attribute.  I'm guessing you
need to put the options/attributes as pairs in the attribute column in
the car table.  How would I loop through that table switching the
delimiter to display the car and its attributes properly?  As a bonus,
how would I search for a car based on the attribute options?

The app should work like so.

There needs to be an attribute manager.  Each attribute would be able to
have its own options. such as.

TBL ATTRIBUTES
attID | attname |
1 | color
2 | interior
3 | wheels

TBL OPTIONS
optID | attID | optname |
1 | 1 | red
2 | 1 | blue
3 | 2 | cloth
4 | 2 | leather
5 | 3 | alloy
6 | 3 | steel

That part is simple enough.  My problem is how to handle the data in the
car table.  I'm assuming I would use paired values in a list, although
im not quite sure how to loop through it.

TBL CAR
carID | carname | attributes
1 | civic | 1^2;2^4;3^5
2 | accord | 1^1;2^3;3^6

(ie blue civic with leather interior and steel wheels)

Any help is appreciated.

Emmet

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481