At 03:25 PM 6/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>It's most likely not the server itself.  Remember there are ONLY two
>possible ways to track a user's session:
>1. Cookies store CFID and CFTOKEN
>2. Pass CFID and CFTOKEN in the url string
>
>If you can't create and hold a session using code that you know is good then
>one of these two things is failing.  Most likely the cookies aren't being
>set and/or transmitted.  Did the domain name change?

May be onto something with the domain name but I cannot think of how . . .

The site is currently running correctly on another server . . .

When I attempt to get to that same site I still have on the BAD server, I
can log and do everything fine, using the temp IP I give it . . .

When I move the REAL site to that same BAD server, move the public assigned
in DNS IP for it also and config the webserver, it still rejects logins . .
. But I can log in using the public IP . . . both IP's allow me to log in .
. .

is this weird or what am I overlooking??

jim

>+-----------------------------------------------+
>Bryan Love
>   Database Analyst
>   Macromedia Certified Professional
>   Internet Application Developer
>TeleCommunication Systems
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>"...'If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have
>peace'..."
>         - Thomas Paine, The American Crisis
>
>"Let's Roll"
>         - Todd Beamer, Flight 93