From: Eron Cohen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 4:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Export to Access

Miriam,

Excel/Lotus 123 is easy.  Here's a very simple solution that works great for
creating CSV files and opening them up into Excel or Lotus (or whatever is
handling comma seperated files on the client machine).  The gist of this is
that CFCONTENT will cause the browser to put up an "Open File or Save"
dialog box.  If they push OPEN, Excel will open up and display the info that
CF outputs:

<CFSETTING enablecfoutputonly="Yes">

<CFQUERY name="search_results">
Select *
from something
</CFQUERY>

<CFCONTENT TYPE="text/x-excel-csv">
<CFHEADER NAME="content-disposition" VALUE="filename=contacts.csv">

Report For Someone:

<CFLOOP QUERY="search_results">
<cfoutput>"#first_name#","#last_name#","#COMPANY_name#","#state#","#country#
","#company_address1#","#company_city#","#state#","#company_postal_code#","#
contact_phone_number#","#contact_email_address#"
</cfoutput>
</CFLOOP>

There are also custom tags that you can get in Allaire's tag gallery that
are more specifically tied to Excel, but excel would need to be installed on
the server.

HTH,

Eron