From: Dina Hess [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 11:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: DBAs/SQL Server experts?

Hi all,

If a datasource verifies OK in CF Admin on a shared host, what would
cause the connection to fail?

I detached a SQL Server database and FTP'd a copy to the host (couldn't
get DTS to work...but that's another problem). He created an ODBC system
data source on his Windows box then set up the data source in CF Admin.
The data source verifies fine on his system, but my application, which
references the same data source in CFQUERY, is not getting a connection.

I'd been using MSDE and Query Analyzer so I could practice running
queries against SQL Server data sources, but I'm completely new to the
full blown SQL Server Enterprise Manager. I've probably done something
brainless. But I don't know what it could be. :/

Any ideas?

~Dina

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm