> Hi Folks - I'm looking for a simple solution - I need to put
> a keyword search feature on an internal application I've
> been working on - I've been reading Ben Forta's book re:
> Verity, but I don't see where I can use verity with Access
> mdb?  Also... I am only developing the application, I don't
> have permissions to use the ColdFusion Administrator and
> only upload and work with my templates via FTP.

If it's an ODBC datasource, then Verity will talk directly to it
You can use the COLLECTION commands to set-up the source

Are you changing the database regularly, or do you have loads of databases?

> My database has one table that is most important - it
> contains a few memo boxes - I want to perform a keyword
> search, and return the primary key of that record as a
> result.

If CF is going to talk to it, then it'll need some sort of connection - If
CF can talk to it, so can Verity (as it's part of CF)

Just query what you want Indexed, then run CFINDEX to create the Verity

Note that CF4's Verity does return it's results in reverse of what you index
on (not sure about 4.5), so try to create the query with "desc" on your
"order by"

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133