From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 10:30 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: DBAs/SQL Server experts?

> MX can act quite strange with DSNs
>
> How I get around it screwing things up:
>
> -setup System DSN through Windows ODBC (tell it to use
> Windows Authentication)
> -setup DSN in CF Admin (this is where you put the username
> and pass)
>
> If I don't do it in that order....KABOOM!!

CFMX is certainly different than CF 5, with regard to database
connectivity. However, you needn't set up an ODBC DSN to connect to MS
SQL Server from CFMX. And, if you do set one up, CFMX will only use it
if you select the "ODBC Socket" datasource option in the CF
Administrator. And, finally, if you use Windows Authentication, you
won't need a username and password in your datasource settings - Windows
Authentication will use the account that makes the connection (that is,
whatever account the CF service is running
within) for authentication.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496