On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:49 AM, Benoit Hediard wrote:

> If you want to see what can be done with Flash for stocks/trading, you
> should have a look to this app :
> http://marketrac.nyse.com/mt/

Interesting... won't work on any of my Mac browsers (IE, Safari,
Mozilla)

> I think it is Flash5 based... pretty impressive...
> It should be even faster if it was done with FlashMX.
>
> The example always shown by MM is the E*Trade stock quote widget.
> https://us.etrade.com/e/t/invest?traxui=F_HV ("flashlet" on the right)

This appears to be static -- the java applet at scottrader is dynamic
with streaming data.

> There is a small sample applications in DRK1 called "Stock Services
> Library"
> that allow you to easily retrieve and display historical stock
> information
> within Macromedia Flash MX :
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/drk/productinfo/product_overview/
> volume1/
> additional_resources.html#1
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/drk/productinfo/product_overview/
> volume1/
> flash_remote_article.html

These, too, appear to be static -- using historical data

> I haven't seen the java applet from scotttrader.com but a Flash-based
> app
> should definitely offer a much better end results (portability, UI,
> experience...).

If you have the time, Benoit, take a few moments and register for the
java applet at:

    https://www.scottrader.com/Agreements/Register.asp

I'd like to hear what you think after seeing the applet.

No pain & they will not spam or high-pressure you.

The key is the use and display of dynamic real-time data.

TIA

Dick

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com