>>-     Have you double checked that in the administrator you have long text
>>return enabled?  Without that checked of course, it will only return
64,000
>>characters / whatever value is specified in the text box below.

Adminstrative settings in MSSQL or CFMX?

I see that you may have an answer to your problem from another fellow, but a
few suggestions (my problems were with PostgreSQL and MySQL):

-       Have you double checked that in the administrator you have long text
return enabled?  Without that checked of course, it will only return 64,000
characters / whatever value is specified in the text box below.

-       Have you checked your driver?  Are you using the native driver for
SQL Server 7 that ships with CF?

--
Jillian

resources for the community.