We have a web frontend (W2k+sp3, CF 5.0, IIS 5.0) with a bbdd backend
(Solaris + Oracle 8.1.7.4) and our web application uses CF [Oracle80] native
drivers to connect to our database.

When the web application (our cfm's) makes a problematic sql sentence (For
example : sql sentence that use all of the resources on the database host,
etc etc) and the dba kills the session on the oracle database that is
executing the problematic query owned by cfserver.exe to solve the
performance issue in the database host, the coldfusion server in the
frontend turns unstable and needs a restart of his "Coldfusion Application
Service" to solve the problem and be stable/operational again.

How i can solve this issue ? Any idea about it ?

Can we kill cfserver sessions on the database without made Coldfusion Server
unstable ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com