Hmm...   So oledb no work...  That sux...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Jackson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Switching to OLE DB

[whoops, newsgroup users, i posted to only the newsgroup the first time]

When I tried OLEDB, I had a couple of problems.

One, a query would fail for some mysterious reason (a connection
problem) one in, maybe 1000 queries, but I could never get it to fail
myself, nor could I nail down why it was happening. I went back to ODBC, and
it never happened again. Someone else confirmed similar problems.

Two, (my memory's foggier on this one) I could not retrieve more than one
text field per query... terribly annoying when > 1 were needed.

Jamie

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:21:29 -0700, in cf-talk you wrote:

>Please, help...  Our ColdFusion 5 services have been crashing and
>restarting lately, and I've been thinking of converting to OLEDB
>drivers instead of ODBC to see if the memory leak is related to the use
>of ODBC alone.  It's not much, but it'll help I'm sure.
>
>So naturally, I piced the SQLOLEDB drivers first.  Those are great.  I
>get this error: "Unknown Data Access Error." every time I try to envoke
>a stored procedure.  Pretty uninformative.  I've found little
>information on this, and those who had the problem never got an
>answer...
>
>Fine.  I figured let's try using MSDASQL instead...  Not the best to
>use an OLEDB to ODBC bridge, but still, at least it's not just ODBC.  I
>am particularly trying to find the source of the memory leaks.  So with
>MSDASQL, I get an error message on stored procedures with output
>variabls: "Miltiple-Step OLE DB operation generated errors.  Check each
>OLE DB status value, if available.  No work was done."
>
>I found this article on that:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q269495
>
>Well, the key already exists for MSDASQL, so that kb article does
>nothing for me.
>
>I have tried with MDAC 2.6 and MDAC 2.7...
>
>Any thoughts on what to do next?

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm