From: Tim Do [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:32 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: session variables vs client variables

We're having a problem with sessions being dropped while viewing crystal
reports.  Crystal sets a cookie for each parameter passed to a report and
drops whatever existing cookies there are... so users are being logged out
after viewing crystal reports.  I'm thinking about changing all session
variables to client variables and storing them in the database.  I haven't
used client variables before and wanted to make sure first.  Would I just
set it up in cfmx admin and replace all variables scope from session to
client?  Is the timeout mgmt only done thru cfmx admin?  Also... just need
to change how I delete sessions with DeleteClientVariable?  Anything else?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm