> I have been developing with CF for 2 years now, and I am
> very comfortable with it. I recently started with a new
> company and we get our software from Microsoft for free
> because we are not for profit. So everyone here is interested
> in .net and have never used CF. Now that I am here, and the
> only one on staff with any significant experience with data
> driven web based applications I want to make the case for CF,
> but do not know enough about .net to compare. I really do not
> have the time to submerse myself in a .net app right now to
> get some hands on so if anyone can give some pros and cons on
> either side I would appreciated your feedback.

I think the best argument is from the perspective of labor. You already know
CF well, and you'd have to relearn how to do everything in ASP.NET. Your
fellow staff don't know either, and they will have to spend quite a bit more
time to learn .NET than CF, in all likelihood.

The cost of most software pales next to the cost of paying developers'
salaries. Your organization would likely recoup the price of CFMX very
quickly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496