Jon Block wrote:

> Maybe I'm wrong. I admit I have only got into Flash a little bit but every
> time I do, I end up asking myself why I am wasting my time with this tool.
> As application developers, do you take Flash seriously?

Yes.

> Do you think it does
> or will ever make since to use it for your full blown applications?

Yes.

I doubt it will ever make sense for a whole websites. Content oriented
sites for the general public can reach a level of functionality in XHTML
that I don't see Flash reach anytime soon, not even at the current speed
it is developed. But integration of Flash components can already make
sense (but not for splash screens, never).

However, for client-server applications that are now mostly written in
C++/VB/Java and run over an intranet, I think Flash is a real killer.
All those SAP/PeopleSoft/BAAN/MedWare etc. applications now require
extensive installations on the client, with all the problems they
generate (dependencies, incompatibilities with applications requiring a
different MDAC version, no client available for platform X etc.). In
this area, Flash can shine.

Jochem

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm