Thx for looking, Sean.  The comment you referenced was what I was keying
on.

>I'd imagine "do something" and "do something else" are alternative ways

>to set up the data for the presentation section of the page

Yup.  Any action to process the current data in some way.

>and that "call security" is probably either a cfthrow or a
>cflocation to an 'error' page.

In this case a bogus url var = amateur hacker, so an innocuous display
and the sysadmin gets a detailed email.

>I'd only separate out the logic to its own file in this case if it
>were very complex and overwhelmed any reader

Glad to see I'm not sinning by doing that on occasion.  I always feel
unclean when I do an include that's only used once :D

Cheers,

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481