I'm not too sure how many people out there know about this problem but I
just experienced it for the first time and had never heard of it before.
Hopefully this will save someone else the frustration I just went though:

I was setting up a new server today with Windows 2000.  Everything went
normally until I went to the Windows Update website and tried to download
the latest updates.  Everything appeared to be normal but to my surprise
windows update came back and said "There are no updates available for your
computer."

"Very strange!", I thought to myself.

I tried rebooting a couple of times, still no change.  Finally I just went
ahead and manually installed SP4 and some other things... thinking that
maybe the Windows Update site was broken or something.  Going back to the
windows update website produced the same behavior.  So I tried from a
different computer... everything there worked fine!?!?

After some research on Google I found the cause of the problem...

"The cause of the issue is that if a machine has its date set to something
outside of the valid range of the SSL certificate on MS's WinUpdate site,
WinUpdate will get an SSL error. Instead of reporting it in some
intelligible manner, WinUpdate simply reports, 'There are no updates
available for your computer. Please check back later' (with no error message
at all)."

Sure enough... I checked my system clock and found that it was set to
2002... correct month and day, wrong year.  I changed it to 2003 and tried
Windows Update again... everything worked perfectly fine this time.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on this issue as it completely
caught me off guard this weekend.

-Novak

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm