Do you have CF Studio or HomeSite+?  They both permit the use of re's in the
Extended Find and Extend Replace dialogs.  The regex syntax should be pretty
much identical to CF Server's syntax.  Hard to say what TextPad's abilities or
quirk's are when working with regular expressions.

>From your original re:

[~[A-Z][:space:]$]

I'd try changing this to

~[A-Z]{2}[:space:]+

This removes the outer brackets, while the {2} says "exactly two" of the
previous character set and the + says "one or more" spaces.  Your re would
require exactly one letter followed by exactly one space before the end of the
string.

The $ may or may not work.  It usually indicates the end of the string.  For a
file open in TextPad, there would only be one "end of string".  The escape
sequence \n might work for end of line.

Jim