From: Eric Creese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 2:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SQL DATE CONVERSION QUESTION

Yes I tried this, same error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marlon Moyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 1:46 PM
To: CF-Talk

Have you tried using Cast instead of Convert, ie

My query:
select personid
from persondemographic
where  cast(substring(demographicvaluedesc,1,11) as datetime) >
'06/30/2003'
and demographicgroupid =4
and demographicitemid = 4
and demographicvaluedesc is not null

Marlon

Eric Creese wrote:

>No SQL Gurus out there?

the select clause instead of the where clause it works but I need to
convert from the where clause against my criteria.

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm