CF is server side but you could integrate client side code into the form.
Some JS for example.

Tony Gruen

-----Original Message-----
From: Claremont, Timothy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 9:09 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFFILE Input Filter?

Can anyone tell me if I can filter the input on a CFFILE input screen? I
know I can filter what the server will accept, and throw an error, but I
would like to prevent users from even attempting to upload anything but
an Excel file if possible.

In other words, when the user clicks the button to browse their own
computer for the file that they want to upload, I want it to only
display the .XLS files, instead of ALL files.

Apparently the following code does not achieve this:

<input type="file" name="filetoupload" size="75"
accept="application/msexcel">

Thanks in advance!

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete.
it.
Thank you,
ViaHealth

resources for the community.