At 14:34 08/07/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Open the IIS manager
>Right click on a site and choose Properties
>Click the Home Directory tab
>Click the Configuration button (lower right of dialog)
>Click the .cfm extension and choose 'Edit'
>The lower left checkbox: "Check that File Exists"
>
>If you leave that on (the default) IIS will throw its own 404 if it does
>not find a page named foo.cfm/blah/blah (which of course it won't).  Once
>you make this setting CF will become responsible for handling 404's to
>.cfm pages, which is where you can get into trouble via that bugtraq bit.

OK, thanks, found it. Still confused tho, as it's not checked on our local
server, but /-delimited URLs don't seem to work locally. They do on our
live site, but we don't have IIS access there. We plumped for "OK, it
works, let's not ask questions" - but naturally this is less than ideal.

I never really questioned it, but "index.cfm/action/page.view/id/42" seems
to just work on our live site. Now I'm really foxed as to why - we don't
have any custom 404 catching or anything... Any ideas? Hmmm, frustration at
not knowing why something *works* makes a change!

Gyrus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
play: http://norlonto.net/
work: http://tengai.co.uk/