From: Lofback, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 July 2003 14:37
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: cftransaction quick question

> - No need for cftransaction on a single SQL query

True, but I would always use a CFCATCH to trap any errors.

> - cftansaction is good practice for a single stored procedure call in
> case the stored procedure is doing multiple SQL queries

I don't know if you read my previous post, but I don't think this is true.
CFTRANSACTION cannot "talk" to the code inside a SP.  You must write the
transaction handling *within* the SP.  So if the SP does 10 mods to the
database, each mod within the SP must be checked for success/failure and
then rolledback/committed by the SP code itself.  CFTRANSACTION cannot be
used to do this.

Chris

ColdFusion and related topics.