There is a powerful tool included in ColdFusion that few use to its full power.
This tool is Regular Expressions and the reason that few use it is obvious, it's
not made for people. The solution is to have an editor to use Regular
Expressions without having to jump through a 1001 mental hoops.
I've found a tool which I feel does just that. It's a visual Regular Expression
editor that's part of the KDE package. I've talked to one of the KDE programmers
and he's giving me a deal on porting the entire engine into a standalone
application. Why is this important to you? Because it will be provided free for
community use. All I need to get it is a few sponsors to offset the cost.
The total cost is $720. Sponsorships are:
Gold $100+
Silver $30+
Bronze $1+
For those who would like to help out in this community project, please contact
me off list at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your pledge. Once we hit the
needed amount, I'll ask everyone to redeem their pledges using paypal or another
method. I'll then pay the developer and get the application for download.
For a display of what this application looks like, you can see it at these two
sites:
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.1/kdeutils/KRegExpEditor/editingtools.html
http://www.blackie.dk/KDE/KRegExpEditor/

Michael Dinowitz
Finding technical solutions to the problems you didn't know you had yet

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com