On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 11:59 AM, Thomas Chiverton wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 16:52 pm, Michael T. Tangorre wrote:
>> C'mon MM, hook us up and make it free!  :-)
>
> There is a lot of cool stuff in the DRKs - most of which you *could*
> write
> yourself, but not for $99 of your hours (that's 2 - 4 hours work for
> most of
> us, I reckon).
> If you're only going to use one thing from it (DRK3-CFUnit,
> DRK2-Calander)
> it's well worth it, and if you can use some of the extra bits too -
> great !

This is a good point.  Occasionally someone will ask me why we don't
sell each individual project on the DRK separately because they don't
want to buy everything on the CD.  The answer is that the DRK is priced
with the assumption that you will use one or two things on it, not
everything.  In other words, if there are 20 distinct projects on the
DRK, would can't sell each project individually for $5 each ($100/20).
When making the build/buy decision, if the one or two projects you are
interested in aren't worth the $99 (considering they are completely
built, QAed and documented), then it's not worth buying the DRK.  My
point is that one shouldn't be looking at the value of every single
project on the DRK (especially since most people probably don't even
use all the products that the DRK contains content for), but rather
what is the value of the portion of the DRK that is of interest to you.

Christian

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com