To add to Jim's post, numerous smaller servers also provide redudnancy,
which you don't get from a single large machine.  If one of several small
machines dies, you're out a part of your processing.  If one of one beefy
machines dies, you're out ALL of your processing.  As long as management and
load balancing isn't a huge chore with the specific sitation, multiple
machines makes me sleep much better at night.

barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351