Jim McAtee wrote:

> I see.  So, regarding my question about using ODBC style dates with the
> 'native' jdbc drivers - do the drivers understand ODBC formatted date/times or
> do they just pass queries verbatim to the dbms, forcing you to comply with the
> particular formats of the database?

JDBC drivers will pass them on straight to the dbms if provided as
variables. However, CF MX understands them, and I expect that CF MX
converts them on the fly to java.sql.Date, java.sql.Time and
java.sql.Timestamp classes when you use cfqueryparam.

But if you use cfqueryparam, there is no need to use ODBC dates in the
first place, so it all boils down to the usual "use cfqueryparam".

Jochem

http://www.coolfusion.com